Tucked away in Mill Street is a hidden treasure within another.... the beautiful historic market town of Nantwich. We invite you to explore the treasures of Webb House Furnishers, situated 50 yards from the town square whilst you explore the hidden treasures of our town. We are a family-run business established in 1974, whose wealth of experience in the furnishing industry has given us a reputation for high quality furniture at exceptional prices. We pride ourselves in being one of the premier furnishers in the Crewe and Nantwich area and believe our quality, value and service will take some beating.
We have one of the largest displays of fine furniture in Cheshire with massive choice of beds, mattresses and headboards and we have a huge selection of leather suites and fabric suites, recliners and dining furniture providing extensive choice. Over 10,000 sq ft of showroom space in one of the finest furniture stores in Cheshire with ample customer parking.
This week we give you some top tips on how to care for your upholstered furniture. Soft upholstered furniture gets just as dusty and dirty as cabinet furniture - the difference is you can't always see it.
• Try to keep pets off the upholstery and be careful of sharp objects such as belt buckles, toys and watch straps snagging the fabric. If snags do occur, carefully cut off the loose ends with scissors or tuck back in - do not pull them under any circumstances
• Strong sunlight can cause fabrics to fade, so try to position your sofas and chairs out of direct sunlight
• Sitting on the front edges of cushions or on the arms of furniture may cause distortion or damage, so avoid this at all costs
• Velvet and chenille fabrics have a raised surface texture which is prone to flattening and shading, so it is important that you understand this characteristic before purchasing a suite in this material
• Wood or decorative facings require minimal maintenance, and should be occasionally wiped with a damp cloth to remove dust. Do not use spray polishes or solvent cleaners, as these can have a damaging effect on both the facings and adjoining fabric
• Caster cups are useful to reduce indentations on carpets and wood flooring
• Vacuum or brush clean your upholstery weekly to remove accumulated dirt, which can cause colours to look faded or dull
• Plump the cushions at the end of every day of use, particularly those filled with feather or fibre, and also smooth out the surface to prevent permanent creases being formed
• Where you can, turn the cushions regularly to equalise wear
So there you have it, a few things to consider to ensure the longevity of your upholstered sofas and chairs. Next time we will cover the best ways to care for your cabinet furniture, so keep your eyes peeled for that one!
Posted by: Isobel Whitby 17 Nov 2014
We have decided to write a series of blogs about how to care for your furniture and being a highly reputable family furniture business that’s been around for 40 years, we reckon we know what we’re talking about!
This week ‘How to care for your Leather Furniture’ we'd like to offer our top tips on how to get the best from your leather furniture and ensure its longevity. In the following weeks we will cover Upholstery Furniture, Cabinet Furniture and Beds!
Leather is a natural product and will always display traces of its origin such as brands, scars, creases and growth. These hallmarks add character to the suite and do not affect the wearing qualities of the product. Leather is highly resilient and durable, and over time, develops a patina that increasingly enhances its appeal.
• Always protect your suite from direct sunlight, as this will accelerate the natural ongoing discolouration process.
• On pigmented leather, dust should be removed by vacuuming and wiping with a slightly damp cloth, using a solution of warm water and mild soap on a regular basis. Never use abrasives such as household polish, which may damage the treated surface of the leather.
• Suede, nubuck and aniline leathers require particular care, as they lack a protective coating. Use products specifically designed for these types of finish and follow instructions carefully. Always test any cleaning process on an unseen area.
• Never place leather furniture against any heating source such as a radiator. To remove spillages, do not rub into the leather as this will cause staining.
• Liquids should be quickly raised from the leather by using the edge of absorbent paper towels and then dabbing the area lightly with clean towels.
• Seat, arm and back cushions should, where possible, be regularly plumped up to maintain the shape of your suite.
• Try to avoid sitting on the edges of cushions or arms, as this may cause uneven wear and distortion of the padding and leather. Certain non-colourfast clothing such as denim can stain light coloured leather if it comes into regular contact.
• Sharp objects may scratch the surface. Caster cups are useful to reduce indentations on carpets and wood flooring. Strong sunlight can cause leather to fade and crack.
So that’s all for this week, next time we will talk about how to care for your Upholstery Furniture. In the meantime, if you need any additional help or advice, feel free to call in to our store or telephone us to speak to one of our friendly and knowledgeable staff.
Posted by: Isobel Whitby 4 Nov 2014
We are pleased to announce that we now have the Parker Knoll Harrow Large 2 Seater Sofa and Armchair on display in our showroom. We also have the co-ordinating Mitford Accent Chair - these are both available in a range of a fabrics, with a choice of wooden legs and brass or chrome castors.
The deep comforting and flowing lines give these sofas a touch of luxury and style. A generous, deep seated area with an elegant back cushion that creates the perfect platform to curl up and relax in.The classic flared arms and tailored piping detail compliment the stunning proportions.
Posted by: Isobel Whitby 9 Oct 2014
There are strong hints of bright, cheerful and contemporary neon hitting the high street this season, adding a kick of colour to autumn. In fact the best tip we can give you for the forthcoming season is that it pays to be bold! Be it with fabrics, prints or paint, add a splash of colour to your interiors.
At Webb House we love bright colours and vibrant patterns and always like to offer the option within our collections to go bold! How about the Alston’s Essex Footstool - this vibrant pink, red and purple striped footstool would really add the wow factor to your living room! Or the Antler Lamp with hot pink shade which is inspired by the mighty stag and features two beautifully hand-crafted resin antlers. The clean and modern white stem is individually handpainted, whilst the hot pink shade adds pizzaz. So go on, we dare you be brave, be bold!
Posted by: Isobel Whitby 9 Oct 2014
As summer draws to a close our thoughts turn to lighting our homes. So here are 4 key trends for Autumn.
Natural - Organic shapes and forms, natural materials like wood and stone, and themes connected with the land and nature. Much like our Ammonite Table Lamp which features a stone effect base in the style of a fossil and a coordinating shade or our Antler Table Lamp range which are inspired by the mighty stag and feature two beautifully hand-crafted resin antlers and a variety of shades.
Eclectic rather than co-ordinated - People are looking for more individuality when it comes to design. They want bold colours and vibrant shades leaving behind the ‘co-ordinated’ styles of the past where you would try to match up your décor. The Jared Table Lamp features a square base plate with a central stem decorated in red mosaic. The polished chrome metalwork provides the finishing, contemporary touch and works perfectly with the red, faux silk shade.
Industrial - One of the biggest emerging trends is undoubtedly the industrial look. There has been a much more functional look and feel to products, for instance exposed mechanical joints, over-sized switches and visible engineering. This Academy 3 light ceiling fitting is bang on trend and features a black box frame with clear glass panels that shelters three lamps. It would be ideal for a modern, minimalistic kitchen.
Luxurious Grandeur - An enduring look is a hint of glitz and glamour be it in the form of an eye catching chandelier or a touch of diamante on a table or floor lamp – our Eternity Table and Floor lamps are made from polished chrome and crystal and are reminiscent of an eternity ring. These stunning pieces will complement a contemporary home.
Posted by: Isobel Whitby 15 Sep 2014
Ever fancied an ultra-modern, slick flat screen TV, surround sound and minimalist style storage system? Well we can help you on your way to achieving that dream with our new Cityscape and Ultimate ranges from UK-CF!
The Cityscape London range is available in Black, White or Walnut and each model has storage for AV equipment and accessories. The front glass is IR friendly, so you can use your remote control even with the doors closed!
At 150 cm wide, the stands are suitable to support larger televisions up to 60", whilst its 2 internal shelves that are adjustable and removable, provide ample internal space for your entertainment equipment such as DVD player, digital box or games console.
The London also features four full-extension, large capacity soft-close function drawers, providing a simple way to hide and quickly access your DVD's, remotes and games.
The Ultimate range is an exciting new lifestyle range consisting of beautifully designed TV stands and co-ordinating accessories with enhanced storage solutions to accommodate today's AV equipment and accessories. There is even space for your iPad in some models!
The models are available in high gloss black or walnut and many offer clever, hidden storage solutions. For instance the G-CT Coffee Table has a unique feature in that it pulls apart to reveal a storage section in the middle, which can be easily closed up again to feature this minimalist style coffee table. Some pieces in this collection have a flexible purpose, for instance the Ultimate G-DRW 47 can be used as a TV Stand or as a co-ordinating side table!
Check out this stylish collection on our website – we also have the G Plate and G-G 135 TV Stand both in black on display in our Nantwich showroom if you would like to see an example of the range – we guarantee you’ll be impressed!
Posted by: Howard Webb 22 Aug 2014
We have fantastic offers on our Himolla range in our Nantwich showroom at the moment.
Himolla's Zerostress and Cumuly ranges are a stunning range of leather recliners and sofas that can be customised to your own personal requirements - from different seat heights to a choice of seat widths and firmness options. You can also choose from a wide range of colours - so if you want the ultimate in style and comfort, come and have a look at the range!
Posted by: Isobel Whitby 11 Aug 2014
Posted by: Isobel Whitby 31 Jul 2014
One of the most common causes of back pain is poor posture, and this is often caused by sitting and standing in the wrong position for hours on end. Your chair should be comfortable, supportive and easy to adjust, much like our Zerostress recliners from German manufacturer Himolla. Each model in the range automatically adjusts to your weight, height and body shape, supporting you from head to toe. They also have 2 seat height and 2 footstool height options so you can create a bespoke chair that is as individual as you are!
Back pain has become the no.1 most widespread ailment amongst the population today. Pressure on the vertical discs is 40-90% higher when sitting than when standing depending on the position. A bad sitting position causes stress on the vertebral column. All of the recliners in the Zerostress range provide ergonomically moulded backrest padding for healthy, relaxed sitting and they fully support your neck and spine.
Each Zerostress recliner allows you to swivel 360 degrees and to slide effortlessly and smoothly from a sitting to a comfortable lying position. While they might be fairly costly, consider this money well spent as they will help to improve your health in the long term and even come with a 5 year guarantee covering fabrication faults on the internal mechanism.
Posted by: Isobel Whitby 29 Jul 2014
We've just added our New Mobel Oak Living Room, Dining Room and Home Office Furniture range. This lovely contemporary range is made from solid oak and so built to last!
The resilient satin lacquer finish on each of the pieces emphasises the oak grain and most are adorned with either brushed steel handles or knobs for a stylish finishing touch.
What's more for a limited time we are offering FREE delivery on this range! Check it out here Mobel Oak
Posted by: Isobel Whitby 24 Jul 2014
© Webb House Furnishers Limited 2012. Registered no: 04783498 Cheshire furniture